After your fence is installed, the obvious thing you need to do is keep it in a good shape. Depending on the type of material that is used for your fence, here are a few ideas from residential fencing Denver authorities:
- If your fence is made of wood, you may need to treat it with protection solutions. In case you have painted or stained your fence, you need to re-do this operation every 3 or 5 years. The alternative is to use water sealant every year.
- Vinyl fences are the easiest ones to maintain, as they only need regular cleaning and you can use detergents on them without worrying that they may get damaged, like in the case of wood fences.
- If your fence is made of metal, you may need to keep it safe from corrosive solutions, and to avoid leaning any heavy objects against it. At the same time, you should also remember to keep metal gates and hinges in a good shape.
- Composite fences are easiest to maintain, as they have the look of wood and durability of plastic. They can be maintained the same way as vinyl fences.
- Check on your fence regularly, looking for signs of damage and call on the Denver fencing experts if needed.