There are three basic questions to ask before replacing your fence. First of all, you need to determine the exact purpose of this action. You may need to install a new fence because you plan to install a pool, you want to set new boundaries, or you want to change the curb appeal of your home.
Another major question would be how much you are willing to invest in replacing your fence. Deciding on your budget can be one of the most useful things to do if you want your replacing operation to be stress-free and functional. Knowing the exact amount of money you have at your disposal can help you decide quicker, saving you a lot of precious time.
The type of material you are going to use for your fence is another very important question to be asked. In this respect, you can choose from wood, vinyl, ornamental aluminum or steel, chain link, and so on. Ask Colorado Brighton fence experts about the pros and cons of different design fencing materials.
Both practical and appealing, wood is on top of most people’s preferences. At the same time, it is very cost-efficient and it can last for a long time, if it is properly treated and maintained.
Aluminum fences can add more charm to your property, while vinyl is both strong and eye-pleasing.
Cleaning your fence may seem like an ordinary routine. However, it all depends on the type of fence that you have. Wood fences can often host algae, mold and mildew. At the same time, wood fences are often prone to rotting.
If you try to clean your wood fence with bleach, like most people tend to do, this can cause your fence to become deteriorated and discolored. At the same time, chlorine can affect surrounding plants, patios or mostly any type of surfaces.
According to Metro Fence pros – https://metrofence.net/ – a sealer can help you keep your fence in good shape for many years. Some other great tools to help you may include a garden hose and a pressure washer, a paint brush and a scrub brush.
In order to clean your fence, first you need to secure the surrounding plants by covering them. After doing that, you can prepare your cleaning solution and then you can scrub, in order to clean your fence from any spots, as much as you possibly can.
It is very important to do the cleaning when weather permits, namely during spring or summer. Winter is not the best time for attempting any repairs on your fence, and it certainly is not the best season for engaging in any cleaning operations.
Fences are meant to set the boundaries for your property. Another great purpose is that of showing off a landscape or a beautiful garden. A nice, durable fence installed by a popular Arvada fence company can improve the resale value of any home.
Getting your yard prepared for fence replacement is an essential part of the entire process of fixing or improving your home environment.
The first thing to do before replacing your fence is to mark the exact property line for your yard. It is very important to have these lines clearly defined before engaging in any type of fence replacement. Even a two-inch difference can cause you to have to take down a fence, and re-install it afterwards.
At the same time, you have to consider all the potential pipes and utility lines before doing any work on your fencing system. This can save you a lot of stress, worry and extra costs.
It is very useful to make a list of all the materials and tools that are needed for fence replacement, in order to avoid any unpleasant surprises. Having all things sorted out, including the exact number of panels needed for your new fence, is a very important stage for helping you have your fence replaced quickly and efficiently.
Despite the fact that most fences are suitable for any region, there are certain materials which are more recommended in specific areas. The reason for this is weather hazards, which may seriously affect your fence.
Colorado weather typically includes hot summers and snowy winters. As far as fences are concerned, the materials you can use for them include vinyl, wood, metal, iron, split-chain or split-rail fences.
A solid fence in Colorado should be able to withstand harsh weather conditions such as strong winds, hot summer days and heavy snows. The alternations between dry and cold weather can damage fences, causing them to be repaired. Thus, posts can get out of their holes. This can be prevented by inserting the posts a few feet below the frost line.
Vinyl fences are a good idea because this type of material does not absorb humidity, and therefore it does not rot. Nevertheless, excessively dry weather can cause this material to get brittle. Because of that, pieces can crack or snap. According to chain link fence Denver installers, if you want to keep your fence safe from weather conditions, perhaps the best choice of materials would be aluminum or steel. These types of materials can resist heavy snows and harsh winds.
In choosing the right kind of wood fence for your yard you have to consider the climate, exposure to outside elements and also your budget. You have to be familiar with the type of climate you have in the location you want to install your wooden fence and choose the right wood species that will prevent decay and damage caused by weather changes.
In terms of choosing the wood species, you also have to consider choosing a kind of wood that has a natural insect-repellent or pressure treated. This will make sure that no insects, like termites, will present residence and eat away at your wooden fence.
Here are some of the most popular types of wood fences available from Denver Metro Fence Company:
- Pine Wood Fence: Pine wood is a common material used for fencing yards – not only because it is relatively inexpensive, but it doesn’t shrink and has a soft texture making it easy to work with.
- Cedar Wood Fence: Cedar wood is another common material because it does not require a complicated maintenance process, and has a natural insect-repellent which is a great asset to have for wood fences.
- Cypress Wood Fence: Cypress wood fence, just like the cedar wood fence, features a natural insect-repellent substance. It is a great alternative to cedar wood although their price is almost the same, and it gives out a nice aromatic scent as well.
- Redwood Fence: Aside from bringing to the table a few similar qualities to the previous two, redwood fences are also highly durable. Although it is similarly priced to cedar, a lot of people prefer redwood because of its looks and texture.
A fence provides security and privacy, and also adds aesthetic appeal and value to your property when properly maintained. Proper maintenance of your fence will keep it from being damaged, wearing off and developing rust, while also keeping it strong and shiny for a longer period of time.
Beautifully painted fences add appeal, protection and value to your property. So you have to make sure that you use the right paint and tools for your budget. This will give your fence a wonderful finish and keep it from future damages, while keeping your bank account full.
You have to choose the right paint for the type of wood you used for your wooden fence. The best outdoor paint for wood is treated to withstand the effects of weather and other outdoor elements which could damage your fence.
Acrylic paint is durable because it provides an excellent layer of protection. Make sure to use a primer before applying acrylic paint. Oil-based outdoor paint for wood requires multiple coatings and doesn’t provide good enough protection compared to acrylic. However, it does offer a superior looking finish.
For metal fences, according to Brighton fence company pros, it is essential to choose a paint that is specially formulated for the type of metal used. Enamel paint is formulated to stick to iron. You need to apply a rust-inhibiting primer to the surface of the metal fence before applying this type of paint. Another durable and efficient type of paint that is for metal fences is an automotive epoxy paint. Its application is a one-time process, but it does require a hardener, and you have to finish the job within 6 hours of starting.
Although some fencing materials are pricey, like aluminum and vinyl, there are many other materials out there that are less expensive and yet add curb appeal and value to your home. You just have to keep eyeing for materials that are durable, have aesthetics but are also reasonably inexpensive. Here are some of the examples of costs to give you an idea. These are estimates, and it is always important to contact affordable Westminster fencing pros for accurate pricing.
- Treated Pine Wood Fence: Priced between $12 to $19 per linear foot installed, pine wood panels that are chemically or pressure-treated, and can resist rot and pests. Just make sure that you pick the right pine wood panels and ensure that they are not green or damp, because treated wood does tend to twist or warp after installation.
- Chain link Fence: This is a best option for a smaller budget but larger yard. Chain link fences are very effective in keeping intruders out. However, they offer less privacy and aren’t always appealing. They are priced between $10 to $20 per linear foot.
- Wrought Iron Fence: Iron is a common metal used for landscape and yard fences. A wrought iron fence, priced between $24 to 32 per linear foot, is very durable, rot and warp-resistant and sure to add aesthetics and value to your property.
- Hog Wire Fence: This type of fence is mostly used to keep small animals confined or mark property boundaries. The cost is only between $3 to $5 per linear foot.
- Picket Fence: This is among the best affordable fences for privacy. Priced between $5 to $10 per linear foot, it features a range of decorative picket styles, including pointed and round, and makes for an excellent option overall.
The most common material for fencing home, buildings or any other landscape property, is wrought Iron. It not only provides security but also adds elegance and beauty to the perimeter of anything that it touches. It is also a durable material which is why it is widely used for fences.
Just like many other types of materials such as wood, aluminum, PVC and bamboo, wrought iron needs proper maintenance to keep its aesthetics and durability. To keep it from wear and tear and other damages, it is important that we know how to take care and maintain our wrought iron fence.
Dust, dirt and stains could get into wrought iron fences. These materials can hold moisture that could lead into a build-up of rust. Rust not only destroys the beauty of wrought iron fences but weakens them as well, so it’s important to clean your wrought iron fence at least once a month or even more frequently, depending on the level of its exposure to dirt and moisture.
Wrought iron fences installed by Arvada fence company professionals are very easy to clean. Simply use water, sponge and any cleaning detergent. It is not recommended to use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning supplies, since they could erode the protective coat on the fence, making it more exposed to rust.
Early removal of the rust is important to preserve the integrity of the wrought iron fence, especially if you live in a region high in humidity and precipitation. Use a fine wire brush to remove the rust in the wrought iron, and if there are portions of the wrought iron fence where paint or coating have peeled off, they need to be repainted.
Wood fence maintenance is essential if you don’t want to spend a lot of money on installing a new fence once every few years. The following tips from a wooden residential fencing company Denver pro will help you ensure that and keep your wooden fence happy and healthy for a longer time:
- One of the main things to check for is whether there might be any loose nails that are visible around the pickets. If you find any, make sure to hammer them back into place to keep your fence in good condition and keep it resilient.
- Insect damage is a big one. No matter how well it’s treated, wood is still an organic material, and insects and termites can easily take an interest in your wooden fence. So make sure you check regularly to see whether your fence is infested in any particular area.
- Keep any large bushes, weeds and vines away from your fence. Wooden fences are easily tipped over by larger weights when they lean on them. Also, keeping vegetation away from your fence can prevent moisture damage and mold.
- Posts should be fastened securely into the ground, and the soil around them shouldn’t be washed away by excessive water. If that happens, you might have to remove some of the dislodged soil and mud and ensure that your fence posts go deeper into the ground.
Cleaning a vinyl fence can be a problem if you don’t know a few simple cleaning tricks. However, the basic idea behind it is pretty simple. A solution based on water and vinegar is considered to be the best option to clean your entire vinyl fence and make it look brand new. You can also call in a professional cleaning service, however, that isn’t usually necessary.
When it comes to cleaning a vinyl fence, you will have to plan ahead. First of all, depending on the size of your fence, cleaning it in its entirety can take some time. As a result, you’ll want to free up your schedule for the day or call a few friends or family members to help you out. Secondly, you’ll need a lot of white vinegar. According to some vinyl Brighton fencing experts, white vinegar is the best cleaning solution for vinyl fences, and you can even use it without any other cleaning ingredients to get the job done.
The most practical approach is to combine about 1 cup of white vinegar with 1-2 gallons of water (less water, depending on how potent you want your cleaning solution to be). Then, just add some in a spray bottle or dip a rag into the solution, and you can already get started on cleaning your vinyl fence.