A fence provides security and privacy, and also adds aesthetic appeal and value to your property when properly maintained. Proper maintenance of your fence will keep it from being damaged, wearing off and developing rust, while also keeping it strong and shiny for a longer period of time.
Beautifully painted fences add appeal, protection and value to your property. So you have to make sure that you use the right paint and tools for your budget. This will give your fence a wonderful finish and keep it from future damages, while keeping your bank account full.
You have to choose the right paint for the type of wood you used for your wooden fence. The best outdoor paint for wood is treated to withstand the effects of weather and other outdoor elements which could damage your fence.
Acrylic paint is durable because it provides an excellent layer of protection. Make sure to use a primer before applying acrylic paint. Oil-based outdoor paint for wood requires multiple coatings and doesn’t provide good enough protection compared to acrylic. However, it does offer a superior looking finish.
For metal fences, according to Brighton fence company pros, it is essential to choose a paint that is specially formulated for the type of metal used. Enamel paint is formulated to stick to iron. You need to apply a rust-inhibiting primer to the surface of the metal fence before applying this type of paint. Another durable and efficient type of paint that is for metal fences is an automotive epoxy paint. Its application is a one-time process, but it does require a hardener, and you have to finish the job within 6 hours of starting.
Although some fencing materials are pricey, like aluminum and vinyl, there are many other materials out there that are less expensive and yet add curb appeal and value to your home. You just have to keep eyeing for materials that are durable, have aesthetics but are also reasonably inexpensive. Here are some of the examples of costs to give you an idea. These are estimates, and it is always important to contact affordable Westminster fencing pros for accurate pricing.
- Treated Pine Wood Fence: Priced between $12 to $19 per linear foot installed, pine wood panels that are chemically or pressure-treated, and can resist rot and pests. Just make sure that you pick the right pine wood panels and ensure that they are not green or damp, because treated wood does tend to twist or warp after installation.
- Chain link Fence: This is a best option for a smaller budget but larger yard. Chain link fences are very effective in keeping intruders out. However, they offer less privacy and aren’t always appealing. They are priced between $10 to $20 per linear foot.
- Wrought Iron Fence: Iron is a common metal used for landscape and yard fences. A wrought iron fence, priced between $24 to 32 per linear foot, is very durable, rot and warp-resistant and sure to add aesthetics and value to your property.
- Hog Wire Fence: This type of fence is mostly used to keep small animals confined or mark property boundaries. The cost is only between $3 to $5 per linear foot.
- Picket Fence: This is among the best affordable fences for privacy. Priced between $5 to $10 per linear foot, it features a range of decorative picket styles, including pointed and round, and makes for an excellent option overall.
The most common material for fencing home, buildings or any other landscape property, is wrought Iron. It not only provides security but also adds elegance and beauty to the perimeter of anything that it touches. It is also a durable material which is why it is widely used for fences.
Just like many other types of materials such as wood, aluminum, PVC and bamboo, wrought iron needs proper maintenance to keep its aesthetics and durability. To keep it from wear and tear and other damages, it is important that we know how to take care and maintain our wrought iron fence.
Dust, dirt and stains could get into wrought iron fences. These materials can hold moisture that could lead into a build-up of rust. Rust not only destroys the beauty of wrought iron fences but weakens them as well, so it’s important to clean your wrought iron fence at least once a month or even more frequently, depending on the level of its exposure to dirt and moisture.
Wrought iron fences installed by Arvada fence company professionals are very easy to clean. Simply use water, sponge and any cleaning detergent. It is not recommended to use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning supplies, since they could erode the protective coat on the fence, making it more exposed to rust.
Early removal of the rust is important to preserve the integrity of the wrought iron fence, especially if you live in a region high in humidity and precipitation. Use a fine wire brush to remove the rust in the wrought iron, and if there are portions of the wrought iron fence where paint or coating have peeled off, they need to be repainted.
Wood fence maintenance is essential if you don’t want to spend a lot of money on installing a new fence once every few years. The following tips from a wooden residential fencing company Denver pro will help you ensure that and keep your wooden fence happy and healthy for a longer time:
- One of the main things to check for is whether there might be any loose nails that are visible around the pickets. If you find any, make sure to hammer them back into place to keep your fence in good condition and keep it resilient.
- Insect damage is a big one. No matter how well it’s treated, wood is still an organic material, and insects and termites can easily take an interest in your wooden fence. So make sure you check regularly to see whether your fence is infested in any particular area.
- Keep any large bushes, weeds and vines away from your fence. Wooden fences are easily tipped over by larger weights when they lean on them. Also, keeping vegetation away from your fence can prevent moisture damage and mold.
- Posts should be fastened securely into the ground, and the soil around them shouldn’t be washed away by excessive water. If that happens, you might have to remove some of the dislodged soil and mud and ensure that your fence posts go deeper into the ground.
Cleaning a vinyl fence can be a problem if you don’t know a few simple cleaning tricks. However, the basic idea behind it is pretty simple. A solution based on water and vinegar is considered to be the best option to clean your entire vinyl fence and make it look brand new. You can also call in a professional cleaning service, however, that isn’t usually necessary.
When it comes to cleaning a vinyl fence, you will have to plan ahead. First of all, depending on the size of your fence, cleaning it in its entirety can take some time. As a result, you’ll want to free up your schedule for the day or call a few friends or family members to help you out. Secondly, you’ll need a lot of white vinegar. According to some vinyl Brighton fencing experts, white vinegar is the best cleaning solution for vinyl fences, and you can even use it without any other cleaning ingredients to get the job done.
The most practical approach is to combine about 1 cup of white vinegar with 1-2 gallons of water (less water, depending on how potent you want your cleaning solution to be). Then, just add some in a spray bottle or dip a rag into the solution, and you can already get started on cleaning your vinyl fence.
Even though chain link fences are made from metal, special care has to be taken in observing the proper maintenance requirements for these types of fences. Failing to do so could result in the fence being prematurely damaged by rain, hail or wear and tear, as well as rusting more easily and presenting holes through which intruders could get in and invade your property.
According to Arvada fencing chain link pros, one of the main things you have to remember when it comes to chain link fences, is to check for rust and apply proper rust protection on an annual basis. Doing so will prevent rusting and ensure that your fence’s life span can be maximized.
Chain link fences can also attract pests when they are dirty, and they can be damaged by certain types of dirt and organic elements over time. As a result, you have to clean your fence on a regular basis and avoid planting anything nearby, as well as allowing weeds to grow in the vicinity of your fence.
Finally, avoid climbing your fence and discourage any of your children from doing so. Prevention is best, as chain link fences can be a hassle to repair properly, and putting a lot of pressure on your fence can lead to parts of it snapping. Even if the holes created in your fence won’t always allow a human being to pass through, they can still allow pests and rodents to get through and infest your garden and property.
Dogs love to dig. That’s just a fact of nature. In the case of many smaller dogs, the fence isn’t really recognized as a boundary, but more as a kind of an obstacle. So, as they grow, dogs sometimes get into the habit of digging under the fence, making enough space for themselves to exit the premises of your property, potentially getting themselves into trouble and impairing the structural integrity of the fence as well.
Fortunately, there are a few simple ways to discourage a dog from digging and escaping under a fence:
- Walk your dog at least twice a day and make sure that he gets enough exercise. Dogs have a lot of energy, and if they work out every day, they won’t use their energy to mess up your fence.
- Teach your dog a few simple commands and tricks, so you can discourage an activity whenever you don’t want them to continue it. That way, the dog will form a habit of avoiding that activity in the future, even if you’re not there to discourage it.
- Distract them with treats, balls and toys. Dogs love to play and they love to receive treats for a job well done. As long as they listen to you and they interact with the playful activities that you encourage, you’ll find that the treats they receive will make them forget all about their digging activities.
- Talk to conscientious residential fencing Denver pros and ask if there are any steps they can take during the fence installation or repair process to further prohibit your pets from escaping under your fence.
When you own a large ranch, security is a big part of the job. Aside from making sure all your animals are well-fed and taken care of, and getting all the supplies you need to keep your crops healthy, you should also think about having Denver fence companies set up perimeter fencing around your ranch. In addition, installing a centralized security system, and getting the surveillance cameras operational, so you can spot any foul play that might be afoot, is recommended.
Surveillance is one of the best tools to keep your ranch secure. While you can’t stay up night and day and be in multiple places at once to guard every area of your ranch, you can set up cameras that will spot any changes in the landscape and sensors that can notify you if someone or something makes it past them.
Once your surveillance system is set up, you will have the power to take action, notify the authorities, protect yourself and your family, and prevent any damage or theft that might befall your precious ranch. Oftentimes, you can spot intruders in time to take all the measures you need to take, and you may also be able to identify them while having the visual evidence you need to have them put behind bars.
Buying a brand new fence can seem like an easy task, and compared to other installations, a fence isn’t that expensive. However, it often happens that when homeowners draw the bottom line, they find they’ve spent a lot more than they wanted to, and the fence is a factor there as well. So, as a well-informed homeowner, you have to consider how to properly estimate the price of a fence and how to choose the right fence to make sure your finances are safe.
The first thing you have to keep track of is the material of the fence and how easy it is to install. While some materials can be set up easily, others require stronger or heavier fence pillars or posts that are either set deeper into the ground, or have to be built one piece at a time – as in the case of brick and masonry fences.
Keeping in mind that the material costs and labor will be further influenced by how heavy the material is and how difficult the installation process can get, you’ll have an even better estimate of the cost of your new fence.
To get an accurate estimate, it’s usually best to talk to your local trusted Brighton fence company contractors and ask about the specifics that go into the installation of each distinct type of fence. In some cases, customizing a fence and gate, or installing added features for safety and security can also add to the price.
It’s easy to overlook the fact that popular fence designs are usually preferred by almost everyone around you. Trendy designs often make it into specialty blogs and magazines, so the average homeowner will almost immediately get hooked on it and order it, even if three of their neighbors already got the same fence.
A unique and customized Westminster fencing design can actually be a lot more appealing in most cases; and there is good reason for that:
- No one else has one, which is kind of the point of buying a custom made fence in the first place.
- You have complete creative freedom, so long as your community approves of the design as fitting in with local standards.
- There are reliable and experienced contractors who can help you buy a product that will mimic high end materials and expensive designs using only cheap resources like aluminum or vinyl.
Even though a unique, custom designed fence can be somewhat more expensive than the most standard and trendiest fences, it can also improve your home’s curb appeal as well as its value. The result will be that you’ll not only feel much better in your home and garden, but once you decide to sell your house, it might also help you get a more sizable amount on it.