Wood is one of those timeless materials that will likely always be a great choice for aesthetic fencing.
The following are among 2021’s most popular and interesting wood fencing trends that you can consider setting up right now:
- One of the best options you can consider is a stylish horizontal contemporary wooden fence. These types of fences are very popular these days and offer a tranquil environment that promotes better curb appeal and gives your mental and emotional health an added boost when you’re stuck working from home.
- Another great trend is the installation of lighting fixtures on the fence itself. Whether at the top or on the bottom area of your wooden fence, colorful or traditional looking LED lights can illuminate your garden, highlight the unique aspects of your fence and make your property look much brighter and better than before.
- Finally, Arvada fence company design experts have point out that the use of mixed fencing materials is becoming more and more popular, and now you can pretty much see it everywhere. One of the most popular types of fences for 2021 includes the combination of wood and either metal or stone, to create a fashionable contrast and a blend of traditional and modern styles.
If you read up on the fencing industry, you probably already know that bamboo fences are becoming more and more popular. But how well-known are they, and why are they so popular in the first place?
Let’s take a closer look at these details below:
- First, bamboo fencing is light and easier to install than many other types of materials. Although it does have some considerations and factors that the contractor needs to know, the learning curve is not too steep and even inexperienced contractors can set up a sturdy bamboo fence in no time.
- Bamboo is also surprisingly inexpensive. You won’t have to spend a lot of money on it, as you might need to do when purchasing a high end, customized metal fence. As a result, a lot of homeowners who can’t afford the best fences will choose bamboo for a cheaper and yet still versatile fencing material.
- Style is another aspect you won’t have to worry about when choosing bamboo fences. Knowledgeable Arvada fence company representatives say that the flexible array of colors, styles and textures available will ensure that you can fully customize your bamboo fence. This is yet another reason why these fences are so popular.
- Finally, one of the main asset that makes bamboo fencing popular is its environmental friendly qualities. Bamboo is not wood, but a type of grass, so it grows quickly and doesn’t contribute to deforestation. Moreover, the material is biodegradable, so it’s perfect to ensure full sustainability.
Fences can make a home look better, while also offering it protection and privacy. Before starting to build a fence, there are some things homeowners should know.
The first thing you could consider is why you may want to build a fence. In case you merely want to protect your children and pets, then the practical chain-link fence may suffice. But if you need a fence for privacy and blocking noise, you need a fence made from more solid materials. In most cases, people have more than just one single reason for building a fence, and because of that, choosing the right style and type of material can be a complex matter.
Astute Arvada fence company representatives suggest that you discuss with your neighbor how costs will be divided for those fences that offer both neighbors privacy and which way the finished side of the fence will face.
Wood fences can look great, but they require more care than vinyl fences, for instance. Bamboo, aluminum, wrought iron or steel are some other low-maintenance options.
Moreover, you need to do a research regarding local codes and legislation before starting your fence building project. Basically, you need to know the distance at which a fence should be placed on a property.
The exact types of products which are recommended for treating wood fences depend on the species of wood. The degree of protection which is necessary is another important factor to be considered, and which depends on the type of climate you live in.
The condition of the wood may also influence the amount of solution required for treating your wood fence. The porosity of the wood and the method of application are yet some other aspects which can help you decide the best products to treat your wood fence.
Wood preservatives help you keep your fence in tip-top shape for a long time. As a matter of fact, wood preservatives protect your fence from the damaging action of mold, algae, fungi or insects. Wood preservatives contain insecticides and biocides. Despite the fact that they are pretty efficient, wood preservatives do have their limitations. In this respect, wood surfaces treated with preservatives may need re-painting or re-coating every couple of years.
Another decision you are most likely to make is between water-based and solvent-based wood preservatives. Talk details with Arvada fence company pros because each of these two has its own advantages and disadvantages. You should know the exact characteristics of each product before you make your decision.
A beautiful and properly maintained wood fence constructed by Arvada fence company professionals does not only add more beauty and charm to your living environment, but also adds more value to your home.
In the case of wood fences, one of the most common issues homeowners usually have to deal with is the missing pickets or boards. Missing or deteriorated slats can be another problem that wooden fences may have. This type of issue can generally be caused by high winds or strong impacts. Dogs can also damage slats, if they keep pushing them.
Discoloration may also occur in the case of wooden fences. This can happen due to excessive moisture or rain and is usually very common. In order to fix this issue, one good idea may be to pain the fence in a darker color and give it a wooden shade. This can certainly help you mask any kind of discoloration to your fence. If the discoloration happened to a white wooden fence, the solution is to apply white-wash, which can help camouflage such defects.
Wood fences may also experience insect damage. You can solve this by removing the infested boards, in order to prevent the damage from spreading any further. You can treat the wooden fence with special insect repellent solutions.
Eye-pleasing and functional, wood remains one of the most prominent materials used for commercial fence systems. This type of fence can work for several types of businesses, including apartment complexes, warehouses, healthcare buildings, home offices, and so on. Wood fences are easy to paint, stain and clean.
Iron fences can create a very attractive storefront. At the same time, an iron fence can add more charm and grace to the curb appeal of your commercial building. This type of fence is perfect for automatic gates. It is also good for garage areas, office parking lots and government institutions.
A popular commercial Arvada fence company suggests that split rail systems look really nice and come at often affordable prices. They are ideal for farm areas, or other large spaces, such as horse arenas or animal pens. It uses a minimum amount of materials.
Chain links are recommended for playgrounds and sports fields. They are easy to install and maintain, and very convenient in terms of pricing.
Ornamental steel and aluminum fences offer both protection and aesthetic benefits. Another good option for commercial fences is the composite fence, which is a mixture of wood, resin and vinyl. It can be found in various colors and styles and is ideal for very high fences.
Appearance might not seem like a big deal when it comes to fencing, but a well-designed fence goes a long way towards improving your home’s curb appeal. Whether you plan to sell it or you just want it to look nice, you’ll find that choosing the best styles and trends from a well known Arvada fence company for residential fencing will be an inspired decision no matter when you consider to plan your new fence installation:
- Art Deco styles and their intricate complexity has made a comeback in 2020, and it seems to be here to stay. Custom metal fencing options with inspiring geometric shapes for the gate have been cropping up everywhere, and we can expect to see this style becoming even more popular in 2021.
- Floral fencing has been gaining a lot of traction and popularity in recent years, and its use is steadily on the rise today. Floral patterns offer immense creative freedom, as homeowners can choose between custom wood and metal patterns and unique paint options that highlight the presence of any herbs, plants and trees blooming in the immediate area.
- Vinyl, steel and various composite materials are being used more and more frequently as alternatives to natural wood. In fencing, wood can be exposed to termites, rot and mold more easily than other materials, which is why we are seeing the rise of many alternatives to wood fencing options.
Fences have the purpose of protecting your home, especially your children, your pets, your belongings. At the same time, they are meant to clearly indicate the property lines. You cannot simply build whatever type of fence you like, especially a very tall one, or one which disrupts the overall style of the neighborhood you live in.
Also, experienced Arvada fence company pros caution that you need to know the exact laws and regulations of your specific state. The situation may vary greatly from one region to another; therefore it is very important to be well informed about your exact situation.
One good thing to know is how close to the property line you can build your fence. In most cases, you are allowed to build your fence exactly on the property line. But if your neighbor is a public entity, you may not be allowed to build it right on the property line.
Despite the fact that you or your neighbor are permitted by the law to build the fence on the property line, prior notification of the other party is required. At the same time, you may ask your neighbor to pay 50% of the cost for the property line area.
But if your neighbor is building a fence on your property line just to annoy you, the law is on your side.
No matter where you live, staying safe is always an important matter. You may want to keep intruders outside, and for that there are certain fencing-related elements which can help you. It is therefore good to know a few tips from security minded Arvada fence company professionals.
There are various ways in which a fencing system can keep your house or commercial property safe from potential evil-doers, and thus you can rest assured that your living environment remains secure and in good condition.
The main advantage of a fence is that it can discourage intruders, even if it is very thin. Low fencing for gardens can be a good idea, because it can easily present the exact boundaries. Despite the fact that tall, solid fences can give homeowners a sense of safety, they may actually appear as inviting to burglars. The reason for this is that high fencing can conceal burglar activity from passers-by.
It seems that taller chain link fences may do the best job at keeping intruders away from your property. The only problem is that this type of fence is less appealing, from the visual point of view. A good solution in this respect would be to add some trellis at the top of your fencing system.
Your choice of fence materials usually depends on your budget, on the general performance requirements, but also on your personal styles.
For instance, wood is sure to offer your fencing system elegance, style and practicality. At the same time, wooden fences can offer you a lot of privacy, deterring curious passers-by. Also, it can be considered a more environmentally-friendly Arvada fence company option, because wood decomposes easily, unlike metal or other such materials.
Vinyl can be another great option for your fencing system. Picket vinyl panels can create a beautiful look, increasing the general appeal of your home. Vinyl fences are very solid, they do not rot and do not permit the growth of fungus, algae, mold, etc.
Durable, versatile and low maintenance, aluminum is another good idea for your fencing system. It does not rust or rot and can come in a wide variety of visual options. Aluminum can be related to modern architecture, to the idea of novelty.
Chain link fences are among the most affordable option, at least in terms of installation. They also come in a wide variety of products and can last for tens of years. Steel fences are often coated with a layer of zinc, and galvanized, to last longer.