Choosing the best residential fence company and fence material for your property can be a tough decision. That’s because you firstly need to consider the type of property you have and then establish what you want your fence to actually do. Is it more for aesthetics or for protection? Vinyl fencing is one of the most popular solutions for this problem because, besides its affordability, vinyl is a very versatile material. That means that you can use it both to protect your property against any threats and to improve the way it looks overall. This type of fencing system has come a long way since it was first developed, making it one of the most sought-after solutions.
Some may say that vinyl fencing is good only in certain situations because they think that vinyl isn’t really such a strong material. That’s where they are wrong. That’s because the fence isn’t just made out of a flimsy sheet of vinyl. There are thick panels of it mashed together, through a process called lamination, that create a very dense and strong material that can be used in any type of fencing. Also, because of the vinyl being so strong, it can withstand a lot of stress and even the elements without too much maintenance.
If you are looking not only for a great residential or commercial fencing solution, but also for a gate to go with your fence, you might be wondering which one of the two procedures is more complicated.
Here are some things to know:
- Both processes will require some land work – your fence will need poles to stand on, which means that the installation of any fans requires at least a small amount of digging. Your gate will also require you to perform a little excavation, especially if the area where you are planning to install it is not perfectly level.
- The type of your structures will determine the complexity – a residential fence company that installs gates affirms that some types of fences and gates are easier and more straight forward to install than others. For example, if you have a fence that combines two materials, such as masonry and metal or that features special design solutions, the installation process will probably be more challenging. The complexity of your gate is also a decisive factor, a simple gate consisting of just a door that opens manually is easier to install than an automatic gate equipped with lots of sensors and other features.
- The option to take one step at a time – if the process of installing your fence along with your gate seems too daunting, you can take things easier, working on the fans first and taking the time to install the gate.
Getting a new fence for your property can be really exciting. But it is important to know how to choose the best material for your fencing system. You may find it hard to choose from the wide range of fence materials, which may include wood, metal, plastic, etc.
A respected residential fence company offering exceptional services tells us that each material has its own advantages and disadvantages. Wood is generally considered one of the best-looking types of fencing, but it can come with a cost, as it can easily become the victim of humidity, insects, or other damaging conditions. But the good news is there are special types of wood such as cedar, which can be more resistant to insects. At the same time, you can definitely go for treated wood.
A plastic fence can be made of vinyl or composite. Although the early versions of vinyl were usually prone to yellowing, sagging or becoming brittle, thanks to technological advancements, vinyl fences can be a lot more resistant. And in order to clean it, you may only have to use a mild detergent and a water hose.
Metal fences, such as iron fencing, can be extremely durable and solid. Although metal fences offer less in terms of privacy, they are excellent for keeping kids and pets safely inside.
If the landscaper you have hired happens to make a big mistake, do not despair. In most cases, there are many various ways to fix landscaping issues in a short period of time.
One commonly occurring landscaping problem is that of grass getting dry. This often happens when there are trees and shrubberies planted in those areas. And the best solution is to arrange a separate, special garden for this type of vegetation, and thus enjoy the beauty of a lush lawn also.
Another big mistake a landscaper can make is not to take into consideration the drainage issues and any kind of lumber buried in the ground. This may lead to mushrooms invading your yard, which can be quite unpleasant, especially if they are the toxic type. Aerating your landscaping and replacing old mulch may also help you get rid of excessive mushrooms. Drainage problems may lead to standing water which, again, can do a lot of damage to your landscape. You can use a French style drainage system that should also be placed strategically around your house. Depending on the type of area, a small pond may solve many issues, while also creating a more charming atmosphere around your living area.
If you would like to update your landscaping, improve home security, and better your home’s curb appeal, talk to a top rated residential fence company for insight and affordable results.
Fences can serve many purposes. They do not merely separate two areas from each other, they offer safety and intimacy, and they improve a home’s curb appeal, and solve many other problems. According to a leading residential fence company, the most popular fencing materials include wood, wrought iron, aluminum, steel, and vinyl or chain link.
Among the many do’s, we could mention:
- Do verify that you have all the necessary parts before beginning the installation.
- Do make sure you are using a level for the plumb posts.
- Do remember to decide on where to place the gate, so as to avoid any unpleasant surprises after the fence is installed.
- Do use crushed stones or gravel at the postholes’ bottom.
- Do keep your fence in a good state, using proper maintenance procedures, according to the material’s requirements.
As far as the don’ts are concerned, here are some of them:
- Don’t start installing the fence until you have checked your property lines.
- Don’t forget about corner bracing.
- Don’t hesitate to dig deep holes for your posts.
- Don’t forget to use the post caps. Without them, the posts can get filled with water and therefore get damaged more easily.
These are but a few of the secrets of a long-lasting, beautiful fence.
Denver zoning laws tend to be a little different than the ones for other areas in the state of Colorado. Thus, many parts of Denver are considered to be historical areas. Due to this fact, there are clear-cut rules about what and how it is allowed to build in such areas.
In order to find out the exact rules you need to observe for your fence in Denver area, you should consult with a residential fence company expert. Such expert can give you the right kind of information for your specific area. Generally, you will, indeed, need to provide a plot plan to get a permit for building your fence.
There can also be certain limitations in terms of the height, style or design for Denver fences. For instance, if your fence will be higher than 4 feet, you may need a special permit to erect it.
At the same time, you may not build a fence if it blocks people from passing through certain areas. In case you decide to consult with a Denver fencing company, you can find out all the necessary details for making sure you can observe the rules.
Apparently, neighbor disputes regarding fences are usually on the topic of boundary lines and trees which are planted in the proximity of a fence. Legal advice can do a lot to help you make sure you are on the right path.
For many people, installing a fence can be a pretty challenging task. The entire process is pretty demanding from a physical perspective, and even if you have some skill with similar activities, you might find it difficult to install the entire fence on your own. However, some parts of the process are such that even the most experienced fencing specialists could experience some difficulty while tackling them:
- If the fence you install needs to go a little deeper into the ground for stability, digging in certain areas can be pretty tricky to say the least – especially if the ground isn’t as stable as you thought, or if you’re installing your fence on a hillside property.
- Custom wood fences are typically difficult to manage, since that entire part of the fencing industry is generally given less attention than most others. For a proper custom wood fence installation, you’ll likely have to find a reliable as well as experienced residential fence company.
- Privacy fencing is also somewhat challenging, since you don’t always know what the finished product will look like in your yard. A fencing expert with a little experience will be needed to help you determine which type of fence will be better suited depending on the lighting, positioning, layout and landscaping qualities of the area where you want to install it.
The success of any fence project is strongly related to the type of material that is being used for building it. There is absolutely no reason why you should use lower quality products, which can only cause problems in the long run.
The idea is to choose the most resistant fencing materials available on the market, which may include: vinyl, pressure-treated wood, iron, aluminum, etc. At the same time, maintenance plays a major role in prolonging the lifespan of your fence.
When vinyl first appeared on the market, people tended to be a bit more skeptical about it. Vinyl has many advantages. It is very light and easy to work with when you are on your own, which happens in the case of many DIY projects. A local residential fence company vouches that this material requires little maintenance, like cleaning it only with a brush or a hose.
Being a natural product, wood typically rots after it has stopped growing. And because of that, in order to be used as a fencing material, it needs to be specially treated. The standard wood for fencing projects is treated with fungicides and chemical substances to gain protection from the outside elements and from the destructive termites, which can build their way inside the wood.
According to residential fence company pros, how to keep your pets safe and occupied during a fence installation, depends on the type of pets you have. In case these pets can be kept inside your home, you may keep a watch on them not to go outside and get lost in the neighborhood. However, in case you have a larger pet that needs a lot of physical activity, such as a dog, there are specific things that can help you provide your pet with the necessary care.
As far as dogs are concerned, in order to prevent them from doing damage inside your home out of boredom, it should be a good idea to take them for at least two walks per day. This should be enough to keep them fit and entertained. In order to be able to do that, it may be a good idea to schedule walks for your entire family. This depends on your family’s general, daily routine.
Dog parks are always the best idea for your dog. Such a place can offer your dog the opportunity to exercise, to play freely outside, enjoying the fresh air and also the company of other dogs.
Another great idea is to go to a neighbor who also has a dog and already has fences.
Insurance is an important part of the issue when you hire any kind of contractor. With fence contractors, you have to pay special attention, since their work is done outside, where they are at a greater risk of making mistakes or causing accidents.
Here are a few tips on dealing with the insurance requirements for a fence contractor:
- General liability insurance is a big one here. As they set up or repair your fence, the workers assigned by your fence contractor to the work in question can end up damaging your property by accident. As a result, you will want to make sure a recommended residential fence company contractor can provide you with proper liability insurance to keep you covered in the event that does happen.
- Worker’s compensation insurance is also necessary, and you have to pay special attention to whether or not your contractor has it, especially if they are a little less experienced or they seem like they don’t pay good enough attention to safety protocols. Worker’s compensation will protect you in the event that one of the workers gets injured while working on your property.
- Also, make sure you do some proper research to see if the insurance company that the contractor has gotten the insurance policy from is trustworthy. Some insurers are more dependable than others, so it’s usually a good idea to know who you’re dealing with and whether or not you can rely on their protection and compensations, if needed.