Although many fences designed for privacy or decoration have traditionally been made of wood, vinyl fences have become quite popular. They are a durable, easy to maintain and an attractive alternative to wood and wire fences. For security reasons, or to mark the boundaries, vinyl fences can be installed on both residential and commercial properties.
As a material, vinyl is suitable for the construction of fences, because it is:
- Non-corrosive: vinyl is resistant to chemical corrosion of almost all types
- Water-resistant: vinyl does neither rot, nor is affected by mold
- Fire retardant: it contains a significant percentage of chlorine, which reduces oxygen absorption. The vinyl swells and melts in the fire, instead of burning with a flame
- Lightweight: it is up to 3 times lighter than wood and 5 times lighter than reinforced concrete
Nowadays, we have a choice between different models of vinyl fences, from the simple and practical ones to sophisticated models, with various design elements. A vinyl Brighton fence can be manufactured to be:
- compact – with profiles joined to each other, without spaces between consecutive profiles, or between profiles and supporting posts. The result is a fence with increased resistance, which does not allow the wind or prying eyes to penetrate the property.
- semi-compact – there are spaces between the profiles, ensuring ventilation and the penetration of natural light.