Security fencing is a type of structure used for the delimitation of a property that serves mainly practical purposes, such as privacy and the protection of the premises from intruders, the aesthetic role being of secondary importance. The materials used for building security fences need to be strong, durable and resistant to the elements – here are Thornton fence company top choices:
- Timber fencing – these fences combine strong wood with even stronger steel frames and posts for enhanced durability. Timber fences can be styled to block the view from the exterior completely and their height can be customized to the requirements of the premises;
- Metal fencing – metal is a strong and versatile material that is used for manufacturing various types of fences. The list of the types of Thornton fence company metal fences used for security is long, the most common being palisade fencing consisting of poles joined by metal connecting elements and used for building tall fences that form very durable defensive structures and apex railings with pegs that are not only durable, but also attractive;
- Mesh fencing – fencing made from metal mesh is a great, economical solution that provides maximum security. There are lots of options when it comes to the density and the style of the mesh, allowing the owner of the propriety to choose the option that works best for the specific requirements of the propriety.
Fences, and sometimes gates, are necessary property components. But they are not cheap, so you need to be very cautious when picking the material for the fence. Here are some of the most common mistakes made when investing into a new fence and gate:
- Buying low-quality materials – the initial investment might be smaller if you buy low-quality material, but the decision will compromise the durability of your fence and gate, so it is not worthwhile on the long run; The best advice for gate installation is to use a reputable and trusted Westminster gate installation specialist to provide you with HIGH QUALITY and long term performance options.
- Using untreated wood – if your fence has wood components as well, one of the biggest mistakes that you can make is to leave the wood untreated. In lack of protective coating, the wood components can develop rot, they can be damaged by excessive sunshine and temperature changes and they will be defenseless in front of pest attacks;
- Using fence posts that are too short – getting shorter posts might also seem like a way to reduce the costs, but in fact it is a costly mistake. Fence posts need to go down into the ground to a certain depth to be able to hold the rest of the fence firmly in place; if they are too short, they will not be able to their job and the resulting fence will be a weak one.
Metal is one of the most popular fencing materials – whether made from steel, aluminum, iron or some other alloy, metal fences have features that are beneficial for any property. Here are some of the most important benefits:
- Great cost to value ratio – metal fences are not the cheapest fencing options, but the sturdiness and the durability makes the investment worthwhile;
- Security – metal fences can endure a lot, protecting the property they are installed on from intruders as well as the elements;
- Curb appeal – metal is a versatile material that can be shaped into sheets, poles and is suitable for executing even the most sophisticated designs. An elegant ornamental iron fence in Denver may be considered to be the classiest of them all, but the other alloys used for making fences can also feature very attractive designs;
- Resistance – many property owners dismiss metal fences because they are concerned about the material’s sensitivity to rusting. The truth is that most alloys used in fences don’t rust and even iron fencing components are coated for achieving resistance to rust. To ensure the rust-free longevity of your iron fence, you should reapply the coating, but the process is simple and needs to be carried out only every 3-5 years.
If you are a first-time homeowner, you are surely overwhelmed by the amount of work that you need to put into your property. Your fence, whatever style it is and whatever material it is made from, is probably a sturdy construction, but if you want to keep it that way, make sure to include it into your home maintenance checklist. Here are the tasks that you should perform:
- Regular inspections – perform a detailed health check on your fence at least twice a year as well as after strong storms or other extreme weather events and repair whatever fault you find during the inspection; Should your fence require extensive maintenance, look to a top rated Denver fence company for exceptional repair services.
- Regular cleaning – perform a thorough cleaning of the fence every six months. Most fences can be cleaned with a mild detergent and some warm water applied with a sponge or with a power washer. In the final phase, remove the soap water residues;
- Apply protection – fences made from synthetic material are impervious to rot, insects and rust, so they don’t need coating, but wood and metal fences need to be protected from the elements with the right type of surface coating. Always apply the coating on a clean and intact surface, so the cleaning and the repairs should precede the coating process.
Vines can play multiple, beneficial roles when they climb on fences, making the fence not only more attractive, but enhancing its protective qualities and making it more private, too. Unfortunately, vines can also be damaging for the fence – if their growth is not controlled, they can damage the fence. Fortunately, they are easy to keep under control – according to recognized Brighton fence company professionals, here is how to make the vines on your fence safe:
- Choose the right type of vines – certain types of woody vines, such as trumpet vines or wisteria are attractive and have spectacular, fragrant flowers, but they tend to extend their roots too much, damaging fence posts during the process. Invasive species are also dangerous for fences – they tend to acquire the land around, driving out indigenous plant species and damaging built structures on their way, including your fence. The best type of vines to choose for your fence are non-woody species, such as sweet pea, morning glory, nasturtium or moonflower;
- Manage the vines – regularly trimming the vines and inspecting the fencing underneath is essential for making sure that your fence is safe, undamaged by the vines and that the plants that grow on and around it do not proliferate excessively.
The fence around your property plays much more than the functional role of protecting your home from prying eyes and intruders – your fence has a very important aesthetic function as well, pulling together the design of your entire property and making a powerful style statement. Like the appearance of any other building and property components, fence installation Denver design is also governed by trends, so here are some of the hottest fence design solutions for the current year:
- Adding plants – whether you have a low picket fence or a taller fence, integrating florals is a great way to enhance the appearance of the fence. You can choose climbing plants to conceal the fence completely, you can surround the fence with colorful flowers planted in beds or you can install shelves for plants on the fence panels;
- Use colors – natural and earth colors are still great to use on fences, but designers recommend stronger colors, such as red, blue, orange or black as well;
- Combine materials – fences that consist of masonry on the bottom and wood or wrought iron on the top, fences that bring together wood and metal or vinyl and wood in a harmonious unit are very trendy these days.
If you think about changing the aspect of your garden, start with the details that can surprise, such as painting Thornton fencing in a color matching other exterior elements (the roof, the façade etc.), or opt for an unexpected color.
For those who prefer a traditional and rather natural aspect, the green fence is the easiest to fit into the landscape, without turning the attention from the beautiful foliages and flowers you may have in the garden. If you want to break monotony, you can use different shades of green
Came out from classical movies, white fence creates a fresh and comfortable setting.
Opt a shade of orange close to the wood color if you have a wooden fence. In addition, you can match it with outdoor furniture made of the same material, as well as with orange decorations, such as cushions and blankets.
Depending on your preferences, you can either choose a blue to highlight the fence and give a strong personality to the entire garden, or go on a lighter shade, assorted with pool water.
A fence painted in red has a tremendous effect in a garden full of vivid colors.
Dying the fence in many colors is a great and original idea especially if you have a traditional house, in neutral shades. You can go on joining two or more colors, depending on your preference and the message you want to transmit can range from electrifying to relaxing.
The color of the fence is just as important as the color of your house’s facade. Whether it is a wooden, brick or forged iron fence, choosing the right color is essential for the overall aspect of your property.
How do you choose the right color for your fence?
Before hurrying to choose the type of fence or its color, you have to realize that the fence is the element that makes the transition between your yard and the rest of the world, between the intimacy of your home and the surroundings. It is one of the first details (if not THE first) that people observe about your house. Therefore, choose your fence installation Denver contractor carefully.
What are the factors that influence the choice of the fence color?
The architecture of the house and the color of the facades influence to the greatest extent not only the type of the fence, but also its color. The fence has to complement the house, both architecturally and chromatically.
The roof of the house often influences the color of the fence. Especially in the case of homes built in a classic or rustic style, the roof and the fence typically have the same color, as do the window frames, while the facades are painted in a different shade.
The garden landscape also influences the color choice of the fence, especially if there are various accessories in the garden. If you want to create an atmosphere as natural as possible, choose natural colors and materials.
If you have recently renovated your building’s façade and your Westminster fencing is solid, brand-new and in perfect harmony with the style of your building, too, it is time to create the landscape between the building and the property, paying special attention to fence line landscaping. Landscaping around the fence can serve various purposes, including the softening of the sharp edges in the fence or creating a color theme that runs through your entire landscape – here are some tips for you to achieve the best outcome:
- Plan the landscape – you can create a sense of continuity using materials repetitively, to create a pattern. Use the same plants around the fence and next to your building, too and pay attention to the height of the plants that you use around the fence line, making sure that they are not too tall for the fence, but suitable for your purpose, such as concealing something. To be able to imagine the outcome of your efforts, draw a map of your desired landscape – you can use colors and clippings on your map to make it more realistic;
- Planting – make sure that you follow the planting and irrigation instructions attached to your plants and pay attention to proper spacing between the plants, too, then be patient until your plants get used to their new place and start growing.
Many homeowners decide to install their own fences, but in most cases, the project turns out to be more overwhelming than it looked before the first post hole was dug out. Fence installation can also take very long, especially if you are doing it all by yourself and without experience in designing and executing fences and chances are that the results will be less than perfect.
Fortunately, there are lots of great Thornton gate and fence contractors out there who can hardly wait for your call – here is how to find a contractor who does a great job for a great price:
- Get multiple cost estimates for your fencing project – invite at least three contractors to see the future job site and then request a detailed estimate in writing. Choose the fence and gate contractor whose prices are the most reasonable, not the cheapest one – reducing the price too much will prevent the contractor from using quality materials;
- Ask all your questions – the method that the contractor will use for revealing hidden underground utilities, the way he is planning to do the grading or to incorporate obstacles, such as trees, are all essential for your final decision;
- Discuss the deadlines – most fencing companies have huge backlogs, so try to get at least a promise about the starting date for the fencing project.