If you have recently renovated your building’s façade and your Westminster fencing is solid, brand-new and in perfect harmony with the style of your building, too, it is time to create the landscape between the building and the property, paying special attention to fence line landscaping. Landscaping around the fence can serve various purposes, including the softening of the sharp edges in the fence or creating a color theme that runs through your entire landscape – here are some tips for you to achieve the best outcome:
- Plan the landscape – you can create a sense of continuity using materials repetitively, to create a pattern. Use the same plants around the fence and next to your building, too and pay attention to the height of the plants that you use around the fence line, making sure that they are not too tall for the fence, but suitable for your purpose, such as concealing something. To be able to imagine the outcome of your efforts, draw a map of your desired landscape – you can use colors and clippings on your map to make it more realistic;
- Planting – make sure that you follow the planting and irrigation instructions attached to your plants and pay attention to proper spacing between the plants, too, then be patient until your plants get used to their new place and start growing.
The fence around your property is as much part of your home as your windows, your doors, your patio or your landscape, so if you are renovating and you want to make sure the appearance of your entire home is harmonious and integrated, you should probably include your fencing into the project as well.
Here are some of the ways how your fence can improve the success of your home remodeling project:
- Harmony at first sight – your fence is the very first thing that your visitors notice when they approach your property and you surely know how important first impressions are. A renovated, clean and attractive building surrounded by a shabby, warping or damaged fence creates a bad first impression, so your fence cannot be left out of your renovation project if you want to improve the looks of your entire property;
- Enhanced security for your assets during and after the renovation – most homeowners engaged in extensive remodeling projects store building materials and machines in the yard during the project. Starting the renovation with a Westminster gate installation and secure fence will make sure that your property, your machines and construction materials are safe from burglars and other intruders and a remodeled fence will keep protecting your property after the remodeling project is complete as well.
The best way to make your residential property your very own is to install a suitably sized and designed fence around it. Having an attractive fence that provides your household adequate protection comes with lots of benefits – here are some:
- Curb appeal – a fence that is in harmony with the style of your building and integrates into your landscape as well will impress your visitors and delight your eyes when you look at it;
- Safety and security – residential fences protect your home, your household assets and your landscape from intruders, such as burglars as well as against vandalism;
- Privacy – you probably want to be sure that on your property you can have the privacy that you need to feel comfortable. The best way to achieve that privacy is by installing Arvada fencing made from the right materials and of the right height around your property;
- Increased value – a solid and attractive fence around your residential property can make your property more attractive for potential buyers and it can also ensure that you can ask a higher price for the property;
- Defining property limits – delimiting your property is essential for your life as a homeowner and your residential fence is the ultimate tool to achieve that delimitation.