The concept of a white picket fence is certainly not a new one. The term “picket” dates back to the 1600s, and has its origins in the french word “piquer” which means “to pierce.” The piercing appearance of the pointy shape of the picket is, therefore, aptly named.
White picket fences in and of themselves have been around far longer than most people imagine. More precisely, they have been used since the early colonial days in American history. Also, when the Revolutionary War hit, these types of fences became even more popular because of their simple design, ease of installation and practical construction.
This type of installation, however, has been found in other areas in Europe as well. It has originated in medieval times, and that’s where the idea for the American white picket fence design came from. Medieval palings made from flat strips of wood found locally were a common source of inspiration.
In the case of American cedar picket fences, the price of the fence was usually much higher than the price of other types of fences or fencing materials. This was because the cedar had to be carried in from faraway locations, which also made the journey more dangerous and the wood itself more valuable.
Call on top notch Arvada fence company contractors to install your very own white picket fence today!
Ornamental fencing has taken off in recent years, becoming one of the most impressive creative displays you can come across when it comes to considering the improvement of curb appeal or the restoration of your old home’s beautiful exterior from your youth. Even though it’s not for everyone, ornamental fence installation Denver specialists can give you a lot of options, and you can basically make it your own:
- The idea behind an ornamental fence is to make it as ornate and beautiful as possible, focusing almost entirely on aesthetics. One of the newest ideas you can consider is the black vinyl fence, which is perfect for pets, and illustrates just how far you can go to make your grounds look smooth and clean.
- Curved PVC fences are also neat, but more aesthetic and playful than most regular fence designs. You can use them as a more upbeat alternative to the commonplace white picket fence.
- If you really want a unique color and texture for your new fence, why not consider a beautiful and exceptionally tall mahogany fence design. It’s perfect as a traditional fence with more of an artistic feel to it.
- Finally, you can really get that holiday feel with an aesthetic two-color vinyl fence. It will provide you with a high contrast background for your plants, flowers, trees and any inanimate decoration items you might be using, such as statues and rock gardens.
Whether you’re considering home improvement work, or you want to make the environment for your business just perfect, evaluating your needs when it comes to fencing can be a great advantage. However, even though fencing can help a lot of people get their homes and surroundings in order, the question may arise whether Denver fence company custom fencing options would be the right choice for you.
While a regular fence might be a great choice for general purposes such as improving privacy, safety and the appearance of your premises, a custom fence can serve a more varied set of purposes. Here are a few of the most significant ones that fencing experts would point out:
- When setting up a custom fence, your contractor can help you find the best way to use the new fence in order to keep pests and critters away from your land.
- Another clear advantage of custom fencing is that it can include better options for keeping thieves and burglars away from your property.
- A regular fence won’t go a long way toward helping you maintain property lines, but a custom fence will do wonders in this regard, even if you have a larger property and the line separating your property from that of your neighbor is definitely not straight.
Denver fence company custom fencing options can also include a variety of colors, designs and textures you can choose from, so it’ll be easy to create a custom look and feel to complement the appearance of your home or building.
Do you feel that your home is overly exposed with your old fence? Do you want to set up a brand new fence that will reflect the style that you used for remodeling your home quite recently? Maybe you just bought a new house, and you want to tear down the old fence and add a brand new one just to make it look new. All these instances are great for considering a brand new fence. However, there’s more.
Deciding on setting up a new fence is not so easy. You have to consider the costs involved and how much time will be required to set up your new fence. Also, which materials are considered to be more durable and less problematic when it comes to maintenance? Finally, it’s a good idea to pay close attention to aesthetics and how you want your fence to look, in order to improve curb appeal. The final point is especially important if you’re looking to sell your home, and you want to get a better price. Fortunately, you don’t have to make your decision lightly or alone. Plenty of residential fencing company Denver new fence contractors are available to help you out. They can advise you on the best course of action to take and on whether replacing your old fence is a good idea at this time.
Americans love taking care of their lawns. That has never been a secret. If you’re interested in making your lawn look beautiful, it’s important to consider the appropriate spring time maintenance tasks for the job:
- Rake away the thatch. Thatch is essentially dead and dying grass that has to be swept away as swiftly as possible when spring comes. Failure to do so could encourage pests and disease setting in.
- Another important thing to do once spring arrives is to test your soil’s pH. Alkaline soil featuring pH levels that are too high can be countered with sulfate and a broadcast spreader for added efficiency. If the pH level is too low (acidic soil), add some lime the same way, but make sure to read up on the amount you have to add.
- Lawn enthusiasts love to “weed and feed.” This is one of their most favorite springtime activities, but it’s important to make sure not to overdo it. Pulling only broadleaf weeds and cross-spraying should be enough for ideal results.
- Finally, early spring is the best time for seeding your lawn. Whether you’re starting from scratch or not, be mindful of the time required for cold weather grass to grow.
- Schedule Arvada fence company maintenance and repair specialists to do an inspection on your perimeter fencing and make needed upkeep changes.
With these quick and simple tips you can get your lawn growing and looking brand new in just a few weeks as spring sets in. Your lawn will be the talk of the town, and your guests will certainly appreciate a tidy lawn that you can show off whenever any visitors arrive.
Buying a new fence for your home can be a challenging prospect. But if you have a pet as well, your choices are even more problematic. So how do you go about buying the best fences for pets such as dogs, cats or even guinea pigs and wombats?
The trick is to get a fence that can’t be chewed away too easily and that doesn’t have too many holes or gaps. Your pets could use these gaps to leave the premises and make them larger, leading to less curb appeal. At the same time, however, if you have a cat you could still consider a wooden fence, since cats typically find it easier to climb up on the fence and not chew or damage the wood.
Ornate chain link fences, as well as metal, wood or stone fences can all be good if you own a dog. Your dog won’t mind the fence too much, and you can always get an additional dog fence to keep your fur babies away from some of the more fragile areas of the fence.
There’s a lot to consider when it comes to these fences, and you’ll usually find it’s easy to select one that your pet will love. A pet friendly residential fence company can help you chose the fence that works best with your family needs. However, pay close attention to your expenses as well, and make sure you don’t overspend on an overly sophisticated or luxurious fence that your pet might just end up damaging.
Trying to figure out how to set up your fence so it’ll look and feel great? The following ideas should be able to help you start the ball rolling on getting creative with your fencing decorations:
- A can fence garden would be exceptionally beautiful to have, and it won’t cost you a lot of money. The idea is to have a set of tin cans, paint them, and use them as planting pots for flowers that you suspend on the fence.
- You can use picture frames and pleasant watercolor paintings made by your children as a playful idea to decorate plain wooden fences. This idea has to do with combining the spontaneous creativity of your little ones with the beauty of a traditional wooden fence design.
- One of the coolest ideas for children who love to draw and write is to set up an outdoor chalkboard and hang it up on your fence. That’s one of the most unique and enchanting ways of decorating your fence and engaging your kids in fun activities at the same time.
You can try many other residential fencing Denver landscaping options as well, such as setting up lights, interesting wooden decorations and hanging plates and ornate pots that you can reuse as hanging decorations. The sky is the limit!
When it comes to redecorating and making sure your home looks great, there are a lot of options if money is not a problem. However, if you’re on a budget, a lot of people would tell you that your possibilities are far more limited. This doesn’t have to be so.
The following low-budget ideas for curb appeal improvement will likely surprise you:
- The first thing to do is simply paint your front door and shutters. This isn’t a costly endeavor, since the paint you need will only have a price of about $30. Moreover, if you find a good provider you can choose among dozens of inviting colors, each more beautiful and enchanting than the one before.
- Another quick change you can try is to upgrade your mailbox. A brand new mailbox will cost even less than the paint, and it’ll give visitors the impression that your house is well-kept.
- If you want your house to look beautiful consider adding some plants and trees. A larger tree is great if you have enough space; however, make sure that planting the tree will create a contrasting view that puts the spotlight on the main highlights of your house. Add beautiful ornamental fencing by Metro Fence.
- A traditional archway or a stained glass transom will also work well to highlight your home and make it appear unique. There is no limit to your creative options in this regard.
Home interior design trends in Colorado are in a constant state of change. What worked in 2016 is no longer as appealing for new homes today. However, the following trends are still very much in style, and can even impress your guests, if you use them in your newly purchased homes:
- A classic look that is still in vogue in Colorado is the white palette accompanied by stylish wooden furniture and hardwood flooring. You can’t go wrong with this look, and you’ll also find that your kitchen and rooms will look much lighter and roomier overall.
- Light and relaxing acrylic decoration can be used with ease in Colorado homes to create a tranquil and enjoyable family environment. Cozy as well as artistic, acrylic designs can go with just about anything, and they can also make your living room seem larger than it really is.
- Another great choice for home décor in Colorado is the use of mixed lighting. Instead of redoing your kitchen or living room, you can simply transform the way you see it while adding a few basic decoration changes to add to the appeal of your new lighting.
- Wall coverings that come in bold colors and striking patterns are great, especially if you opt for a more modern interior design. High contrast textures will highlight your rooms and lift your spirits, while lightening the mood during family gatherings.
Keeping track of these trends is a great idea, but it’s also good to aim for a more timeless look. Wood and traditional tones continue to be a popular choice in Colorado, as do soft ambient textures that are chosen to inspire.
We hope you found this information helpful. When it comes time to consider fencing for your business, garden, or home please contact the fence installation Denver professionals at Metro Fence.