You do not always have to replace your fence instead of repairing it, but in some situations, a replacement might be more cost-effective and provide more benefits than investing in repairs that cannot fully restore anymore the functionality and aspect of the existing fence.
In these circumstances, it is important to know when it is time for a replacement.
The old fence is too damaged
If your fence`s condition is bad (rotten, broken by harsh weather, very old etc.), it is time to find an Arvada fencing contractor and make a plan for installing a new one.
The existing fence doesn’t meet your needs anymore
You may want to invest in a more solid and secure fence for your property, or maybe you have build a pool in your yard and the existing chain link fence does not provide the privacy you need.
You need to add value to your Arvada property
Being a visible exterior element, a new fence can boost the aspect and the value of your home, which is very useful if you want to sell it quickly and recover your investment.
You prefer a new fence with full warranty
A quality new product will provide you peace of mind for many years while you can forget about paying more money for repairs.
Fences can be made from many different materials and can come in many different styles and sizes, but the picket fence is probably the style that comes to mind for most of us when it comes to the delimiters installed around properties. However, this iconic fence style is not suitable for any property – here are a few of the features that you should consider before you decide to have an Arvada fence company install a picket fence around your home:
– Picket fences are usually of a maximum height of 90-120 cm, so they usually add limited security and privacy to your property, making them suitable mostly for front yards in safe neighborhoods where safety is not a major concern;
– Resistance to high winds – picket fences consist of poles installed with relatively large gaps between between them that let the air through without damaging the fence, therefore they are suitable for areas that get strong gusts of wind or constant breeze, such as properties located in coastal areas;
– Affordability – picket fences use much less material than other, more solid fence types, therefore they are more affordable, too. The two most common materials used for making picket fences are vinyl and wood – vinyl is cheaper and more resistant to the elements, especially when it comes to rot and pests, but they are not the strongest, while wood is more pricy, more solid and more attractive, but it requires regular inspections, maintenance and repair.
Adding a deck to your backyard, a small space attached to your house where you can sip your coffee in the morning, where you can have breakfast on Sunday mornings and where you can entertain your friends is a great way to extend your living space, but only if you feel comfortable on your deck. Calling Metro Fence Company Inc to add a fence to your deck is an excellent way to achieve that comfort and it is a component that can drive many other benefits as well – here are some
– A more structured landscape – a fenced deck provides a space that is better delimited and more comfortable;
– Safety – any type of deck is elevated a little bit and as such, it poses the risk of falling. A properly designed and installed solid fence can prevent accidents and it can also make the fence a place that is safer and easier to use for children and for elderly people who have moving difficulties;
– Extra décor potential – you can add flowers in wooden boxes or you can otherwise decorate the fence to make the deck cozier;
– Enhanced privacy – if your deck is visible for your neighbors or for the people walking by your house, you can enhance your privacy by adding a fence made from solid material or by covering the deck fence with some attractive textile that prevents prying eyes from seeing you on your deck.
If you already have a beautifully installed fence around your property and now you are looking for an attractive, matching gate for it or if you want to buy the fence material and the gate to install the entire fence in one go, here are some tips from a local Westminster gate installation company about how to pick the gate:
– Choosing the material – the gate does not necessarily have to be made from the same material as the rest of the fence. An industrial-looking metal fence can be complemented with a rustic wood fence and a vinyl fence can look very good with a wooden gate or a metal door;
– Get a solid gate – it is not only the fence that needs to be able to withstand the weather, the gate also needs to be able to stand up to wind, hail, rain, snow and sun, what’s more, it also needs to stand up to constant usage, to being opened and closed all the time;
– Maintenance – choose your fence gate considering your willingness to do regular maintenance on it. Wood is more sensitive to the weather and needs to be coated regularly, while vinyl and metal are less maintenance-intensive choices;
– Use the best hinges and locks that you can pay for – this is an absolute must if you are to ensure functionality and durability.
Fencing around your home is no small task and if you don’t have sufficient experience with DIY projects, you can easily make mistakes, too – here are some mistakes that you should avoid:
– Posts that are incorrectly spaced – many homeowners deciding to save a few bucks by leaving longer distance between fence posts regretted their decision later. Longer space between the posts makes the fence weaker, more vulnerable to harsh winds and other types of extreme weather and it is makes it easier for animals to escape;
– Improperly fastened corner posts – another costly mistake that weakens your fence;
– Bumping into unexpected underground utilities – not checking the area where you will build your new fence for buried utilities is a costly and dangerous mistake, even if the posts of the new fence will go into the place from which the old ones have been removed. Underground utilities can be found at any depth, some of them right underneath the surface, so make sure you check the ground for cables and pipes before you start any fencing work;
– Disregarding property limits – mounting your new fence on the property of your neighbor is a huge mistake and you will probably made to remove it and rebuild it on your own property.
Count on expert chain link fence Denver installation specialists to install your fence without a hitch.
When it comes to building a fence, the material options are extremely varied. It is possible to choose concrete or brick fences, if you need a solid and protective result, stone fences for an elegant aspect, or modern PVC fences. The most popular, however, remain wooden fences.
Wood is a material that has been used since always, it does not cost much, it can be easily processed and comes with a number of advantages. Obviously, it also has some disadvantages, so before making the decision to build such a fence, it is good to be informed.
Being a natural material, it is more prone to damage than other materials. Wood is subject to the action of environmental factors that can destroy it more quickly, especially in the absence of proper maintenance.
The stains on a wooden fence should draw attention because they can indicate problems. Sometimes it is only temporary moisture or dirt, but other times stains are caused by mold or indicate the beginning of the rotting process.
To clean a wooden fence you need
• a water solution based on chlorine, oxygen bleach or liquid soap
• a brush
• a garden hose
Spread the solution over the fence using the brush, allowed to act for 30 minutes, and then rinse it using the garden hose.
If your fence seems beyond stain repair, Denver fence companies offer free quotes, so give them a call and see if you would be better off replacing your fence.
A new fence is a beautiful accessory to any home and yard, but an old damaged fence loses most of its protective and aesthetic properties. A new fence comes with specific warranties for materials and workmanship, but besides this, there is no way to tell how long it will last, because it depends on various factors such as the materials it is made from, the maintenance and the level of exposure and exploitation.
A fence should be inspected regularly, as well as painted or treated with other protective solutions. There are different types of damage that you must look for and fix as soon as possible; if the fence is old and you notice too many problems, you should consider replacing it.
Broken or missing boards negatively affect the structural integrity of the fence, but also have a negative impact on its appearance. When it comes to wood fences, insects, microorganisms and moisture may attack them and compromise their structure. If you notice holes in the wood, there may be a greater damage that you cannot see yet and you should think about replacing the fence soon.
Stains indicating rot and molding are also a common problem, especially in rainy areas. Cracks and splits in a wood fence also indicate that it might fall apart soon enough. Have a residential fencing company Denver free consultation specialist stop by and take a look to see what will work best for your home and budget.
Wood fences are popular for many reasons – they are attractive, stylish and durable additions to any property. However, wood can preserve its natural good looks and its qualities only if it is properly taken care of – here is how:
– Staining – apply some stain soon after the fence is installed to protect it against rot and to prevent insect attacks;
– Cleaning – inspect your fence regularly and remove any dirt, such as leaves or mud as soon as you notice the issue. You can clean the fence using a pressure washer and you can use some vinegar to remove the most stubborn spots;
– Remove mildew and mold – regular inspections can help you notice any signs of mildew and mold in time. If you notice the presence of the issue, wash the fence with some soap water, then follow up with some mold removing liquid;
– Painting and resealing – you need to repaint your fence every 3-4 years. Clean the surface of the wood to remove old paint, then apply the fresh coat followed with some sealant for enhanced protection;
– Superior Arvada fence company professionals suggest checking regularly for loose, rusty or damaged fasteners – wood expands and contracts all the time, which may cause the nails, the screws or the hinges on the fence to become loose or damaged. Check the fasteners regularly and fix any issues that you notice.
The question of whether you should install a gate or not is a common one. While some might feel that a gate would simply obstruct their day-to-day activities, since they move around a lot and they are just looking for a basic privacy fence, a well-designed, sturdy and easy to use gate can still come in handy from a number of different perspectives:
• Gates allow you to designate entry points, so that guests will know where to head when they visit you. In some cases, gates are easily distinguishable from a distance, so your visitors won’t have to worry that the entrance is concealed somewhere in the fence.
• It’s also a thing of aesthetics. If you live in an area where you have lots of neighbors, and you’re interested to make a good impression, then a respectable gate is a must-have.
• Your gate doesn’t have to be fancy, but it does have to be practical. For anyone living in an area where there are lots of burglaries, having a faithful dog, a sturdy fence and a well-designed gate can help discourage burglars and unwanted intruders from lingering too much in front of the gate, trying to get through it forcibly, or trying to climb it.
Gates are a thing of beauty, and they’re also a practical asset to your home. If you want the best gates that money can offer, simply call on your local premier residential fencing Denver contractor for a quote.
Whether you’re considering closeboard fences, picket fences, screens or traditional lap panel fences, installing a fence that surrounds your garden can be an inspired choice. Garden fences are aesthetically pleasing, and they can offer a beautiful contrasting view to show where your garden ends and the rest of the landscape begins.
Deciding on whether or not you need a garden fence is mostly an issue of preference. You might want clear boundaries to separate areas of your exterior landscape, or you might be interested in keeping pets and children away from your flowers, so that they don’t damage them.
Also, it could be a good idea to install a garden fence to prevent people from getting close to your flowers in case you don’t have a privacy fence around your home. Your garden fence will give a glimpse of how beautiful your garden truly is, but without giving anyone access to it.
Garden fences are typically small and require less material than a privacy fence. If you want your garden’s appealing natural appearance to entrance anyone passing by, you might want to consider the option of getting a fence for your garden. You might also find that visitors and guests will notice your garden even more once your new fence is in place.
Look to knowledgeable Denver fence companies to help you choose the best fence to fit your needs and budget.