The fence around your property is as much part of your home as your windows, your doors, your patio or your landscape, so if you are renovating and you want to make sure the appearance of your entire home is harmonious and integrated, you should probably include your fencing into the project as well.
Here are some of the ways how your fence can improve the success of your home remodeling project:
- Harmony at first sight – your fence is the very first thing that your visitors notice when they approach your property and you surely know how important first impressions are. A renovated, clean and attractive building surrounded by a shabby, warping or damaged fence creates a bad first impression, so your fence cannot be left out of your renovation project if you want to improve the looks of your entire property;
- Enhanced security for your assets during and after the renovation – most homeowners engaged in extensive remodeling projects store building materials and machines in the yard during the project. Starting the renovation with a Westminster gate installation and secure fence will make sure that your property, your machines and construction materials are safe from burglars and other intruders and a remodeled fence will keep protecting your property after the remodeling project is complete as well.
A fenced-in yard is an essential component of a safe, functional and attractive property – here are some of the major benefits of surrounding your property with a suitable fence:
- Privacy – spending time in a fenced-in yard or garden is more pleasurable than spending time in a space that is open and allows anyone to peep in. Using the right type of fence will make sure that your outdoor space is yours indeed and you can use it the way you want to, without having to worry about being seen by strangers;
- Safety – chain link fences installed by a residential fence company are great for keeping your kids as well as your pets on your property, keeping them safe from the traffic outside and from getting lost in the neighborhood. Your fence will also protect your property against intruders;
- Noise reduction – a well-chosen fence can keep the noise of the street or of the road outside your perimeters;
- Curb appeal – if you have a fence, it will be the first thing that your visitors and passers-by will observe when they look at your property, therefore you can use your fence to make a powerful statement about your style and to enhance the appearance of your property.
If you live in a very busy area and there is a lot of noise coming from the street , you are surely interested in finding solutions to deal with this problem. The one we propose you in this article is rather simple and efficient: installing a sound barrier fence.
Soundproof fences really work, if you build them by taking into account factors like the location of your house, the distance between the fence and the house and the type of sound that cause you discomfort and you want to insulate your property from.
Sound barrier Westminster fencing is typically taller and thicker than regular fences. When you plan to install one, you should check the local regulations about how tall you can actually make it, as there may be some limitations that you need to know about.
When you install a sound barrier fence, make sure that there are more than 20 meters between the fence and the house. The bigger the distance, the better the results.
Carefully consider the materials you use to build your fence. Soundproof fences must consist in compact and hard surfaces, thick enough to absorb the noise or bouncing back to the street.
The first aspect to consider when you try to cut costs on a new fence is scheduling the installation during winter, because contractors are not so busy and may be even willing to offer you discounts. Fencing in the cold season is possible during clear days with reasonable temperatures that do not interfere with materials used in the process.
The cost of a fence install also depends on the materials you choose. Fencing materials are priced by the lineal foot, but a forged iron fence will be more expensive than a PVC or chain link fence. There are also different installation requirements that influence the price. A quality residential fencing company in Denver will be able to give you an estimate based on your specifications.
Another aspect that must be taken into account is related to labor costs. Average fees vary between $30 and $50 per hour, but certain conditions can increase the cost (steep slopes on your land, areas that are hard to access, too many trees, pre-existent structures that must be removed etc.).
You can also cut on some costs if you deal yourself with the marking underground utilities and get the city permits, otherwise the contractor will entail additional costs for all these.
Another consideration that you must know about is that your geographical location may also affect the cost of having a new fence installed on your property.
Just like in the cases of other elements of your home, you must repair your fence as long as repairing is efficient. When the problems are too big or too expensive for attempting repairs, it is time to consider a new fence.
It doesn’t matter how well a fence is built; fencing materials can be affected by weather, insects, as well as by accidents (impact with cars, fallen tree branches etc.). All of them require different levels of maintenance. For example, wood must be treated regularly with solutions and paint, in order to keep moisture and insects away, while vinyl requires just some cleaning, now and then.
It is not so hard to determine if your fence reached the end of its lifespan. If the material is affected beyond repair or reconditioning, it will have a worn out aspect and it will start falling down. Such a fence is not only unsightly, but also no longer secure.
When a fence is not so old, and has only some damaged elements, repairs are probably still possible. However, if you want to be sure, you should contact a fence repair Thornton CO specialist, who can also help you with the choice of better materials and a different style, in case you decide to replace your fence after all.
A new fence is a great addition to a residential property, as it brings more security, visual impact and ultimately value.
Choosing a fence depends on each property`s characteristics as well as on owners` needs and preferences. The main reasons why people install fences around their homes is to contain dogs and children and keep them safely in.
Other reasons to install a new fence include getting better privacy by delimiting your property from the surrounding environment, adding an extra-layer of security, or simply defining your property.
Being a very visible exterior element, the fence has a huge visual impact and can boost the curb appeal of your home, but it may also crash it. If you want a modern exterior fence installation in Denver, have Metro Fence pros install a new fence with a modern design that matches the overall aspect of your property. The result will be better than you expected and it will surely have a positive impact.
The value of your home will increase, because people are ready to pay for the benefits of a new fence that provides them peace of mind, because this largely perceived as more valuable than the money. Just make sure, when you install the fence, that you know where your property lines are.
You do not always have to replace your fence instead of repairing it, but in some situations, a replacement might be more cost-effective and provide more benefits than investing in repairs that cannot fully restore anymore the functionality and aspect of the existing fence.
In these circumstances, it is important to know when it is time for a replacement.
The old fence is too damaged
If your fence`s condition is bad (rotten, broken by harsh weather, very old etc.), it is time to find an Arvada fencing contractor and make a plan for installing a new one.
The existing fence doesn’t meet your needs anymore
You may want to invest in a more solid and secure fence for your property, or maybe you have build a pool in your yard and the existing chain link fence does not provide the privacy you need.
You need to add value to your Arvada property
Being a visible exterior element, a new fence can boost the aspect and the value of your home, which is very useful if you want to sell it quickly and recover your investment.
You prefer a new fence with full warranty
A quality new product will provide you peace of mind for many years while you can forget about paying more money for repairs.
Fences can be made from many different materials and can come in many different styles and sizes, but the picket fence is probably the style that comes to mind for most of us when it comes to the delimiters installed around properties. However, this iconic fence style is not suitable for any property – here are a few of the features that you should consider before you decide to have an Arvada fence company install a picket fence around your home:
– Picket fences are usually of a maximum height of 90-120 cm, so they usually add limited security and privacy to your property, making them suitable mostly for front yards in safe neighborhoods where safety is not a major concern;
– Resistance to high winds – picket fences consist of poles installed with relatively large gaps between between them that let the air through without damaging the fence, therefore they are suitable for areas that get strong gusts of wind or constant breeze, such as properties located in coastal areas;
– Affordability – picket fences use much less material than other, more solid fence types, therefore they are more affordable, too. The two most common materials used for making picket fences are vinyl and wood – vinyl is cheaper and more resistant to the elements, especially when it comes to rot and pests, but they are not the strongest, while wood is more pricy, more solid and more attractive, but it requires regular inspections, maintenance and repair.
Adding a deck to your backyard, a small space attached to your house where you can sip your coffee in the morning, where you can have breakfast on Sunday mornings and where you can entertain your friends is a great way to extend your living space, but only if you feel comfortable on your deck. Calling Metro Fence Company Inc to add a fence to your deck is an excellent way to achieve that comfort and it is a component that can drive many other benefits as well – here are some
– A more structured landscape – a fenced deck provides a space that is better delimited and more comfortable;
– Safety – any type of deck is elevated a little bit and as such, it poses the risk of falling. A properly designed and installed solid fence can prevent accidents and it can also make the fence a place that is safer and easier to use for children and for elderly people who have moving difficulties;
– Extra décor potential – you can add flowers in wooden boxes or you can otherwise decorate the fence to make the deck cozier;
– Enhanced privacy – if your deck is visible for your neighbors or for the people walking by your house, you can enhance your privacy by adding a fence made from solid material or by covering the deck fence with some attractive textile that prevents prying eyes from seeing you on your deck.
If you already have a beautifully installed fence around your property and now you are looking for an attractive, matching gate for it or if you want to buy the fence material and the gate to install the entire fence in one go, here are some tips from a local Westminster gate installation company about how to pick the gate:
– Choosing the material – the gate does not necessarily have to be made from the same material as the rest of the fence. An industrial-looking metal fence can be complemented with a rustic wood fence and a vinyl fence can look very good with a wooden gate or a metal door;
– Get a solid gate – it is not only the fence that needs to be able to withstand the weather, the gate also needs to be able to stand up to wind, hail, rain, snow and sun, what’s more, it also needs to stand up to constant usage, to being opened and closed all the time;
– Maintenance – choose your fence gate considering your willingness to do regular maintenance on it. Wood is more sensitive to the weather and needs to be coated regularly, while vinyl and metal are less maintenance-intensive choices;
– Use the best hinges and locks that you can pay for – this is an absolute must if you are to ensure functionality and durability.