Fences add personality to your property and may also provide privacy and security, but only if they are in good shape. Do you know whether it is time for a new fence, or you can keep the existing one for a few more years?
You can get the right answer by inspecting your fence closely. If you find the following problems, it might be the right time to consider calling a front range residential fencing company Denver contractor to build a new fence, because this one is nearing the end of its lifespan:
- Sections where boards are coming off, or rotten boards
- The fence is leaning and you can no longer make it stand up straight
- Cracks and splits in the wood
- Metal posts and links rusted all the way through
- Grayish and/or yellowish colored stains
- Mold, mildew, or moss growth
- Small holes in the wood, caused by wood eating pests
It is also time for a new fence when an accident such a tree falling or a vehicle running through the side of the fence causes irremediable damage.
Also, if your fence doesn’t match the rest of your property anymore, or looks like it has been installed by several different people, you can also take the decision to replace it.