Before hiring a fencing contractor, you should prepare a few questions to get answers containing the information you need to know. Do not be ashamed to ask questions, or to insist when you feel that there is still something to clear up. You pay the money, so you have to know exactly for what. The answers you receive are also helpful to evaluate Denver fence companies and decide whether to hire it or to keep looking.
Here are some of the most relevant questions:
- Do you have a license? Can I see it or get its number? Are you also a member in fencing contractor associations?
- Do you have a local address (not a post box!) and phone number?
- Do you have a portfolio where I can see sample of your work? Can you also give me some references to check?
- Do you carry liability insurance and worker`s comp?
- Re you familiar with local regulations, in the case I need a permit? Can you obtain a permit on my behalf?
- Will you give me a written estimate with all the details of the project?
- Will there be any unexpected costs? Or is there anything else I should know?
- How long will take the fence repair/ installation?