Looking to provide your home with better protection? Installing a reliable fence can be a great advantage when it comes to home security. In those terms, you’ll find the following tips, see Metro Fence Company, about fence installation will help you make an informed choice about the types of fences and security systems you can try to get in order to obtain the best possible results:
- If you want to protect your home against intruders, metal fences are some of your best choices. Laser cut steel featuring privacy screens and a gate with a state of the art security system to go with it will practically guarantee the protection of your home at all times.
- Some crash barrier fences can also be designed for improved home security. Many can be enhanced with advanced technology and built taller for added privacy.
- Recent advancements in technology also feature fences designed to notify you when someone is trying to break in. Cameras and sensors placed in strategic areas trigger an alarm which alerts you to take action well before an intruder arrives at your home’s immediate exterior. Also, the best thing about these types of fences is that they don’t even have to be made from a highly resilient and expensive type of material in order to offer full protection.
To keep your wooden fence from rotting, here are some tips from fencing professionals, like those found at Metro Fence Company Inc.
- Inspect the fence
Before anything else, you have to check if the fence is in good condition. Rain, wind, frost or even animals can affect the integrity of a fence, so it is advisable to repair the small defects that have occurred before the arrival of winter, when it is more difficult to do such operations.
Check each nail, screw, plank or railing separately, fix them or replace what is damaged. Do not stop to the joints of the fence with the beams on which it is fixed: also inspect the bottom of the planks and make sure they are not rotten. Considering that the base of a fence is close to the ground, it is most prone to rotting.
- Clean the fence
Once you have established that the fence is in good structural condition, the next step is to clean it and remove dirt and mildew. If the boards still have traces of the previous paint, it is advisable to use a solution that helps to remove the dry paint.
- Treat the fence
The final stage of wood fence maintenance involves treating it with several substances that have the role of protecting it from rotting during winter, as well as from being attacked by pests. These substances include: anti-mold solution, primer, varnish or paint.
One of the most common misconceptions about fences is that the sole purpose of the structure is to delimit the property. In fact, your fence is also an essential design component, one that can make or break the image inspired by your property. This also means that good fence design takes into consideration both aesthetic and practical factors – here are some tips from Metro Fence Company Inc on how to create a design that serves both purposes:
- Think about what you need – the three most important fence types in terms of functionality are picket fences, low-rising structures usually installed in front of the house to delimit the space and to serve as a design element; privacy fences that are usually tall and made from solid material to block the view on the property and boundary fences, used for delimiting the space in areas where efficiency is more important than aesthetics;
- Think about the material – the purpose of the fence will inform your choice of material. The most common material for boundary fences is chain link, picket fences are usually made from wood, masonry, metal or vinyl, while privacy fences are the most varied in terms of design options and materials;
- Think about maintenance – from among all the materials used for building fences, wood is the most sensitive to the elements and the most maintenance-intensive, masonry, metal and synthetic materials being more resistant and more durable.
The aesthetic appeal of a new fence is undeniable. The fence is a very visible exterior element that has the power to create a first impression; it has almost the function of an accessory, so it will largely contribute to the overall aspect of the entire property.
Regardless its type and size, a new fence from Denver Metro Fence Company can improve the aesthetic value of a building, if it is chosen wisely, to match the overall design, in terms of color and style.
Besides looking beautiful from the outside, a fence can add an accent to the landscaping of a property and even hide unappealing visuals. A vinyl fence can provide a contemporary look, a wooden fence complements very beautifully different rustic properties, while a metal fence can be a gorgeous ornament (if it is made from forged iron) or a great security and protection solution (if it is made from chainlink and maybe reinforced with barbed wire).
Either way, a new fence makes for a more charming and marketable home. It increases the value of a property, being considered an upgrade that most people prefer to have, therefore installing a new fence is an investment that pays off in every way.